Honors and Awards
Served as the Expert Witness on the plaintiff’s side in the patent infringement case VideoShare v. Google.
Reviewed the Academic Accreditation Policy Book 2021, Education & Training Evaluation Commission, Saudi Arabia, 2021.
Received two Certificate of Appreciation Awards from IEEE SEM Section for contributions to the Spring Section Conference, May 2, 2019.
Served as Co-Chair of the Technical Program Committee of the ACM SIGMM Workshop on Network and Operating Systems Support for Digital Audio and Video (NOSSDAV), 2018.
Received Certificate of Appreciation Award from the IEEE SEM Section for the dedicated leadership and significant contribution to IEEE SEM Humanitarian Technology Conference and to the success of IEEE SEM activities, July 9, 2016.
Served as General Chair of the Fifth IEEE International Workshop on Quality of Experience for Multimedia Communications (QoEMC 2016), Washington, DC USA, 8 December, 2016.
Received Certificate of Appreciation Award from the IEEE SEM Section for being an invited speaker and for outstanding contribution to the success of the IEEE SEM Section Spring 2015 Conference, April 28, 2015.
Served as the Chair of the Interest Group on Media Streaming, IEEE Multimedia Communication Technical Committee, 2012 - 2014.
Has a published paper that was nominated for the Best Paper Award at IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME 2013). (ICME is a premier conference with acceptance rate of 12.7% for regular papers.)
Served as the Co-Director of the IEEE Multimedia Communication Technical Committee Review Board, 2010 - 2012.
Received the Wayne State University 2009 President's Award for Excellence in Teaching, April 2009.
Received the 2008 Outstanding Professional of the Year Award, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) Southeastern Michigan Section, for many accomplishments in multimedia computing and networking research and university teaching profession, March 2008 (ESD Banquet) and April 2008 (IEEE-SEM Spring Conference).
Received the 2007 College of Engineering Excellence in Teaching Award, Wayne State University, April 2008.
Received 2008-2009 Wayne State University Research Award.
Received Certificate of Appreciation Award from the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Southeastern Michigan Section for outstanding contribution as an invited speaker at the Spring 2008 Section Conference, April 2008.
Received the Computer Science and Engineering Graduate Student Teaching Award, Pennsylvania State University, March 2001.
Served as the Faculty Counselor of the Wayne State Student Branch of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), which:
- Won The 2011 Michael Darson Award for Most Outstanding Student Organization.
- Won the 2010 Michael Darson Award for Most Outstanding Student Organization.
- Won the 2009 IEEE Southeastern Michigan Outstanding Student Branch Award.
- Won the 2008 IEEE Southeastern Michigan Outstanding Student Branch Award.
- Received Special Recognition Certificate from IEEE-USA for outstanding service, leadership, and commitment to IEEE-USA and the Profession, 2008.
- Received two Recognition Certificates from IEEE Southeastern Michigan Section (2008 and 2009).
- Was nominated for the 2007 IEEE Southeastern Michigan Outstanding Student Branch Award.
- Was selected as the host and organizer of the 2008 IEEE-USA Student Professional Awareness Workshop in October 18, 2008: Many national IEEE leaders and more than 70 students from 5 universities participated in this workshop.
- Had an officer who received the 2007 IEEE Southeastern Michigan Outstanding Student Involvement Award.
Was nominated for the 2006 College of Engineering Excellence in Teaching Award, Wayne State University.
Served as the president of a Penn State student organization for two years.
Was named to Marquis Who's Who Emerging Leaders, Who's Who in Science and Engineering, and Who's Who in America.